Commercial Shingle Roofing
Commercial Shingle Roofing
Commercial Shingle Roofing
Shingle roofs are usually seen as a residential roofing solution, but there has been a positive shift in its application as a roofing solution for commercial buildings. Shingles are often used for steep slope commercial roofing applications.
Shingles can be made out of a few different materials, including plastic, metal, slate, wood, ceramic and composite material such as asphalt. There are two main types of shingles which are Asphalt and Architectural.
Types Of Roof Shingles
Roof shingle varieties vary depending on the materials that they are made of. Some of the materials that are used in commercial shingle roofing include:
Composite or recycled materials such as recycled plastic.
Why Commercial Shingle Roofing?
Since shingles are used in steeped sloped roofs, some commercial buildings have adopted a tapered roof design that enables the installation of shingles. While shingles have a historical use in residential roofing, there has been a surge in commercial shingle roofing in recent years.
Some of the advantages of roof shingles that have enabled this shift are:
- Long lifespan– Due to improvement in technology, shingles have an extended life that can exceed 25 years from the date of installation.
- Affordability – Compared to other roofing methods, such as concrete tiles, roof shingles are quite affordable.
- Ease of installation – Since they are fitted by interlocking the rectangular shingles, installation is relatively easy, usually requiring just one commercial shingle roofer.
- Durability – Roof shingles provide an effective resistance against UV rays, fire, water, and other elements.
- Low cost maintenance – Repair of roof shingles is affordable, usually requiring the replacement of the single defective shingles as opposed to replacing the whole roof.
- Recyclability and reusability – Shingles are highly recyclable and reusable. This makes them applicable as a roofing solution that is environmentally friendly.
- Aesthetics – Shingles are beautiful to look at and the availability of different designs and colors provide a classic, natural-looking roofing style.
- Availability – Shingles are easily available in local stores and distributors.
Quality Commercial Roofers
While commercial shingle roofing is advantageous due to its ease of installation, seeking the services of a quality commercial shingle roofer is important. Some benefits professional and trustworthy commercial roofers offer:
- Safety – Since roofing involves working at a higher elevation, hiring the services of a commercial shingle roofer minimizes the risk of falling and other safety hazards
- Quality – You are guaranteed quality workmanship thanks to the experience and training of the roofer.
- Time – You save time since you will be working with an expert who knows exactly what to do and how to do it efficiently in order to get the desired outcome.
- Efficiency – A commercial shingle roofer is bound to use resources in the most efficient manner hence minimizing wastage.
- Lasting results – A skilled commercial shingle roofer will fit the shingles in a professional way, guaranteeing quality results. At Hi Low Roofing, our team of experts are experienced in commercial shingle roofing and will be able to provide top-notch service.
Commercial Shingle Roofing Vs. Traditional Metal Commercial Roofing
- Lower costs – When compared to metal roofing solutions, shingles offer lower unit costs, thus saving the proprietor money.
- Environmental friendliness – Shingles are an environmental friendly roofing solution since they can be recycled and reused as opposed to standard metal roofing.
- Less labor-intensive – The required amount of skilled labor in installation of shingles is much lower as compared to that required in fixing other types of roofs.
- Coast – friendly – Metal roofing may disappoint in areas near the sea since the salty humidity corrodes the metal. Because shingles are made of materials that are not affected by salt, they prove more applicable in the coast.
- Foot traffic – Shingles can handle weight being added or placed on them without any structural alterations while metal roofs are likely to dent, buckle, or scuff under pressure.
- More shingle roofers – There exists more shingle roofers in the market than they do other types of roofers mainly due to the ease of installation of shingles.
At Hi Low Roofing, we help our customers choose the right roof for their building and budget. We want you to feel comfortable with your roofing choice and are here to answer all your questions about commercial shingle roofing and why it may be right for you .
Contact The Best Commercial Roofing Company In Orlando
When a commercial roof is constructed and maintained properly, the lifespan of the commercial roof is significantly increased. We stand behind our commercial roofing projects in the Orlando community and cannot wait to help many other Orlando commercial businesses with any of their commercial roofing repairs or replacements they may need. There are many benefits of commercial roofing, such as smoother occupancy, lower temperatures inside the building, and less cooling load on the air conditioners. Contact Hi Low Roofing today to learn more about all the benefits a new roof coating or commercial roof replacement can do for both your business and bottom dollar!
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
Looking for a quote or need to get a hold of us? Fill out this form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.